Do you Pinterest?
I have loved joining in the world of Pinterest! There’s so much scope for the imagination there – so freely shared! That is one of the best aspects – accepted aspects of social media sites – sharing.
I laughed one day while looking at the boards and number of ‘pins’ my fellow Pinners do – I am definitely not in some of their leagues! Some have thousands! Perhaps one day!
What is Pinterest? It is a wonderful place to store images and sites that inspire you, places you want to revisit, projects you want to accomplish, recipes you want to try and so forth. It is a marvelous way to bookmark websites for future reference. It is also a wonderful place to get incredible ideas – and to network.
According to Mashable – Social Media:
‘Home (17.2%), Arts/Crafts (12.4%), Fashion (11.7%) are the most popular categories on Pinterest with Food (10.5%)’ quickly rising in popularity. When first becoming a member of Pinterest, you are given several ‘suggested names’ for boards. Some of these names stuck and remain the most popular Board titles: “For The Home”, “My Style”, “Products I Love”, and “Books Worth Reading”.
80% of Pins are Repins
Etsy is the most popular source for Pins followed by Google, Flickr, Tumblr and Weheartit (MarthaStewart, Polyvor, BHG, Houzz and Pinterest for IPhone round out the top 10 Pin sources)
Mashable also noted a study by AppData.com concluding that Pinterest – only two years old with 11.7 million active registered users has become one of the ‘top traffic driver to the websites of women’s lifestyle magazines as well as women’s blogs’.
Also, according to TNW Social Media there are a number of third-party sites ‘vying for pinners attention’ – Repinly and Pinerly among the list give you stats recording popularity of pinners, pins and boards. TNW reports from Repinly that ‘The average activity of popular ‘Pinners’ consists of over 2,600 pins, 33 boards, and they follow around 400 users.’
|From my French Country Board|
Pinterest does offer a way to view ‘Most Popular Pins” but, Repinly takes these Pins and you can see them by category – and sorth them by the number of Repins, Likes and Comments.
Fascinatingly, the most popular “Board” (on Elephants) has only 7 Pins and over 4 million followers – and also belongs to Jane Wang.
|from my Dream Kitchens board|
Here are some interesting Pinterest tips
· How to put the ‘Pin It” button or “Follow Me on Pinterest” button in your Blogger post. Blogger post. Go to the “Settings” link to your blog. Click Posts and Comments. From the Pinterest site go to “About” at the top right of the page. Click Pin It Button. You’ll be given several “Goodies” options. Choose the “Follow Button” for websites. Highlight and copy the HTML code. Paste this code in the section on your blog’s Post Template on the Settings > Posts and comments page. You can also and the Pin It button code directly behind the previous code – also shown on the Pinterest “Goodie” page. Save changes.
· Would you like to know what others have ‘Pinned’ from your site? Type this http://pinterest.com/source/yourdomain.com
into your browser (replacing “yourdomain.com”):
· Watermark your photos. You can use photo editing sites to place the name of your blog on your pictures – I had stopped that practice for a while – but, it is definitely well worth your time.
· Wish to protect your photos from being Pinned? You can go hereto learn how to ‘block Pinterest’ from “Pinning” your content. ( information under ‘linking your blog and website’)
|from my Dream Bedrooms board|
· Use “like” to ‘hold a Pin’ to determine whether you wish to add it to a Board – it is a good practice to check the Pin out to see whether it is a good one – I discovered one of my Pins led to a site I would not recommend.
· A fantastic list of “tips” can be found here.
|from my Dream Bathrooms board|
Pinterest is an “invite only” site. If you’d like to join –
Please send me an email indicating “Pinterest Invitation” in the subject and I will gladly send you an invitation.
Have you entered my
The giveaway is open through the month of May.
If you have a giveaway, you may link your site
this will become an annual A Delightsome Life event.
I am sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:
Wishing you a most Delightsome day,