Last year, I gifted my daughters with lovely planners after a friend recommended them. Little did I know that planners and planning was one of my daughter’s ‘JAM!’ All caps there! This girl goes all out. Let’s talk Planners and Planning!
This year, I gifted the girls, myself and my future daughter-in-law with planners. My daughter was so HAPPY and brought crafts to put together our planners.
Put together? Aren’t they already complete? Not in her eyes! We decorated stickers, she made tassels for bookmarks, for pens, pencils, created a page to hold her sticky notes – of various sizes. She had stickers with cute sayings, dots, and so much more. Planners to her are more than just jotting in the events for the days and the months – it’s a joyous laying out of life – a beautiful way of creating and looking forward to the events of all her tomorrows.
I love that!
Planners and planning are so helpful -especially to someone such as me – easily side-tracked.
Planners – the people kind – come in all different personality types. Dearest has a basic one that he tracks what he needs to for work, church and life.
I’ve learned that planning for bloggers is so helpful and dare I say essential. Setting Goals – Dreaming and Planning – give us direction on where we want to go – where we want to see ourselves days, months, and years down the road.
I’d highly recommend getting a good – personalized planner. You should have a place to store your ideas, I always have to write them down. I’ll forget them later – or that phrase or word I know just rightly fits the thought or the idea I’m trying to convey.
What do you see your year looking like? What do you want to learn, to accomplish, to create and to be known for. You have your own unique voice; your own unique life and perspective. You have your own sparkle that this world needs…I remember years ago a phrase – ‘Plan your work and work your plan’.
Have you taken some time to plan your work for this year…Brainstorm – you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish.
Some of My Favorite Tips for Planners & Planning:
- Keep a notebook bedside – I always have thoughts and ideas I want to keep – it will also help to rest your mind if you write them down
- Think of all the projects you have planned – lay them out and decide what you’ll do when
- Take big projects ‘one bite at a time’. You know that big elephant can’t be consumed all at once
- Always be YOU – every one has their own special set of talents and skills as well as perspective – hone yours and make it shine!
- Sticky Notes – such a gift –
- Read, read, read….let others inspire you
- Take a class or a course in something you’ve wanted to learn – no time like the present!
- Do what fits into your life and into your schedule. Some can do more or less- that’s o.k.,..their life is not laid out as yours is
- Write down the six most important things to do today -and do them!