First Add Pinecones
I’ve had these giant pine cones for months! My daughter’s future sister-in-law used them in her wedding and my thoughtful, crafty daughter thought, ‘Mom would love these!’
She Was So Right
Two bags full…sounds like a song! I stored them away knowing that I would incorporate them into our home’s Christmas Decor.
Start With Rustic Country Living Fair Finds…
I love these small zinc cups! They have so much potential. I lined them on the rustic wooden bread tray…then added three large pinecones. They look like little trees.
Simple Steps to Decorate Zinc Cups with Large Pinecones
- weigh down zinc cups with pebbles or decorative stones – about an inch thick layer
- Cut Green Styrofoam rectangle into three cubes (Dollar Tree)
- Shave off sides of styrofoam with dull knife – size it to where it is just below the rim of the zinc cup
- press styrofoam into cup.
- make sure Pinecone is flat on the bottom by removing any part that points downward. Drill hole at center of Pinecone with small thin screwdriver.
- Insert green floral pick into hole in Pinecone – about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Cut floral pick to be about an inch short of depth of styrofoam.
- Insert Pinecode with floral pick into styrofoam
Place Large Pinecones Around Your Home
Next Step…Add Greenery
Instead of going through my containers of Christmas Decor this year, I will begin with simple, natural decor…adding rustic touches here and there.
Then Incorporate Christmas Decor or Handmade Decor
These are the first steps in my Christmas Decor….how are you decorating your home this holiday?