Our Annual Christmas Party is in 8 Weeks.
It’s time for me to set a planning calendar so that I won’t be a crazy woman the few days before and so I can participate and enjoy.
For several years, we have hosted our Christmas party inviting family, friends and neighbors. It is a happy collaboration between Dearest, my daughter and myself.
I create the invitation, plan the menu, decorate the home, make prizes and gifts and Dearest and Daughter do the entertaining. They’re so very good at it! They put together ice breakers, games, music, and Dearest always shares from Luke Chapter two – the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.
1. I set the date – work backwards 2 weeks to set the date for the invitations to be sent out.
2. I plan the menu – I make a list of ingredients and begin right away to collect the ingredients – during this time of the year a lot can be purchased on sale. This also includes any necessary plates, napkins cups etc…
3. I divide up what will be prepared for the menu – those things that can be prepared ahead and frozen and those things that can be made the week ahead.
4. I review the previous guest list and make adjustments.
5. I create the invitation
6. I decide what will be the prizes for the games and gifts – if they’re homemade – usually are – I begin making them early November.
7. Whole-house cleaning. This begins really early as I preview each room for necessary sprucing which may include paint touch ups – this is deep cleaning top to bottom.
8. Decorations brought down from attic. Decorating begins a week or two before Thanksgiving. If there are any live decorations, such as forced Narcissus, I begin early October.
9. Christmas Party table – the dishes chosen and layout created – a few days before the party.
10. Prepared me! I have learned that if I don’t have things organized, prepared on schedule – I miss half of the party by filling and refilling the party dishes. Having things worked out ahead of time and recruiting some to help keep the food flowing, I can fully enjoy every part of the party – the guests and Dearest and Darling Daughter’s entertainment. This also includes making sure I get rested as well some pampering, facials and such.
I also love to set the mood while preparing and play Christmas music. Music always makes me happy!
Do you host a Christmas party – it is quite fun and easy when you’re prepared – well ahead of time!
Here’s some fantastic Organizing tips & tools:
Handmade Hand Christmas Organizer – loving this cool tool!